Bulgarian-style egg omelette with tomatoes and peppers
Portions: 4 persons | Preparation: 35 minutes
is perfect for breakfast, which is why it is so popular around the world. This recipe is really delicious and you should definitely try it. Juicy tomatoes and peppers, fluffy beaten eggs complemented by spicy feta produce a wonderful range of flavors. The vegetables are first fried and then steamed with the eggs. Preparation is so easy that even an inexperienced cook can conjure it up without any problems.
Please review recipe:
- 3 tomatoes
- 3 peppers
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp oil
- 400 g feta cheese
- 6 eggs
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- chives, or parsley, to taste
- Submerge the tomatoes in boiling water for a few seconds and skin them.
- Then cut them in half and remove the flesh.
- Roughly chop the tomatoes.
- De-seed the peppers and peel off the onion skin.
- Cut the peppers and onions into small pieces, finely chop the garlic .
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Fry the onion and garlic for about 2 minutes.
- Add the peppers, stir and sauté under a lid for about 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and another 5-7 minutes prepare under the lid.
- Crumble the feta.
- Whisk the eggs in a bowl with salt and pepper.
- Add the cheese to the pan with the vegetables, stir and pour the egg mixture over them.
- Fry for a few minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle egg omelet with chopped herbs.
- Let rest under the lid for a minute, then serve.
- cutting board
- frying pan