Brioche plaited bread with flaked almonds – Easter recipes
Portions: 6 persons | Preparation: 60 minutes
Soft and fluffy, this white pastry is a French breakfast classic made from yeast dough. You can easily bake brioche plaited bread with flaked almonds yourself and it tastes fantastically delicious.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 5 votes )
- 500 g flour
- 70 g sugar
- 75 ml milk
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cube fresh yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 200 g butter, softened
- 1 egg, for brushing
- slivered almonds, at will
- granulated sugar, at will
- food processor
- kitchen brush
- Knead the flour, sugar, milk, eggs and yeast in the food processor for 5 minutes.
- Add the salt and knead for a further 10 minutes.
- Cut the butter into pieces and add to the dough.
- Knead for a further 10 minutes.
- Leave the dough covered for about 2 hours.
- Knead the dough once and leave covered in the fridge overnight.
- Shape the brioche as you like, eg braid it.
- Leave the plait to proof for about 2 hours.
- Before baking, brush the brioche with beaten egg yolk.
- Sprinkle with granulated sugar or flaked almonds, if you like.
- Bake the brioche at 180 °C for approx. 30-40 minutes.
- Enjoy the brioche plaited lukewarm.
The braid can be covered if necessary so that the brioche does not get too dark during baking.