Braised lamb in curry sauce with turmeric and herbs
Portions: 4 persons | Preparation: 165 minutes
In this recipe, the lamb is braised with onions, tomato paste and spices for over 2 hours. This makes the meat soft as butter, very tender and permeated with warm oriental aromas. Although this dish takes a long time to prepare, it is very easy and simple.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 4 votes )
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2-3 onions
- 1 200 g lamb meat
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp black pepper, ground
- ½-1 tsp paprika powder
- 1 l water
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- Fresh herbs, to taste
- measuring cup
- kitchen scale
- cutting board
- cooking spoon
- Rinse the lamb with cold water and pat dry with kitchen paper.
- Cut the meat into pieces of approx. 2-3 cm.
- Peel the onions and cut into half rings.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over a medium heat.
- Fry the onions in it for about 7-10 minutes until golden brown.
- Add the pieces of meat and sauté for about 3-5 minutes.
- Skim off the oil and the cooking fat from the saucepan with a ladle.
- Salt, curry powder, turmeric, ground Mix the black pepper and paprika powder in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle the meat with the spice mixture.
- Deglaze with water.
- Bring the whole thing to the boil for about 5 minutes.
- Cover the saucepan and cook the meat over a low heat for about 2 Leave to simmer for hours.
- Skim the cooking fat every 30 minutes.
- Stir in the tomato paste.
- Let the lamb simmer uncovered for another 15-20 minutes over low heat.
- Garnish the meat with fresh herbs, if you like.
- Braised lamb with geko Serve real rice.
Boiled rice is a perfect accompaniment to the braised lamb in curry sauce.