Braised beetroot with onions and garlic
Portions: 4 persons | Preparation: 55 minutes
If you want to prepare an unusual side dish, then this recipe is perfect for it. Braised Beets with Onions and Garlic is ready in less than an hour. Refreshing, delicious and aromatic, this vegetable dish is not only unusual, but also tasty. Simply chop the vegetables and add them to the pan one at a time. Prepare for a while and then serve. A great vegetarian dish!
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 3 votes )
- 500-600 g beetroot
- 1 onion
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 2-3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 60-80 ml water
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1 carrot, optional
- cutting board
- frying pan
- Peel the vegetables.
- Roughly grate the beetroot and carrots, if you want to add them.
- Chop the onion into small pieces and mince the garlic.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Onion, cook for approx. Sauté in it for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Stir in the tomato paste, continue cooking for a minute or two.
- Add the beetroot and carrots to the pan.
- Pour in the water, salt and pepper.
- Reduce the heat to low, under a Simmer with the lid on for about 15 minutes.
- Remove the stewed beetroot in the pot from the heat.
- Stir in the garlic, cover and leave to stand for about 5-10 minutes.