Boil the pumpkin with sugar and spices for the winter
Portions: 6 persons | Preparation: 45 minutes
The combination of spice and sweetness is incomparable. The pumpkin cooked in this way is a great side dish for cakes, pancakes or simply for tea. Stored in jars, this squash can be enjoyed throughout the winter.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 4 votes )
- 1 kg pumpkin, peeled
- 1 lemon
- 350 g sugar
- 500 ml water
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 2 cloves
- 5 allspice pepper
- 10 g ginger, fresh
- 120 ml apple cider vinegar
- cutting board
- lemon squeezer
- sterilized jars
- Cut the pumpkin into medium-sized pieces.
- Finely grate the zest of the lemon, taking care not to rub the white skin.
- Cut the lemon in half and squeeze out the lemon juice.
- Dissolve the sugar in water.
- Lemon zest, cinnamon , cloves, allspice and finely chopped ginger to the sugar solution.
- Place the liquid on the stove and bring to the boil.
- Stir in the vinegar and the squeezed lemon juice.
- Then add the pumpkin.
- Boil the mixture again .
- Simmer gently for about 25 minutes until the pumpkin is very soft.
- The cooking time may vary depending on the type of pumpkin and the size of the pieces.
- Pour the pumpkin mixture into sterilized glasses and fill up with syrup to the brim.
- Close the jars tightly, turn them upside down and cover.
- Let them cool down and store in a cool place.
- In winter, simply enjoy the sweet pumpkin with tea or as a spread with pancakes.