Black Forest cake with biscuit and cream
Portions: 10 persons | Preparation: 95 minutes
Black Forest Gateau is a treat made from cream, chocolate and cherries! The most famous and popular cake in the world takes some time, but it is really delicious and looks great!
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 1 votes )
- 6 eggs
- 250 g sugar
- 200 g flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 50 g baking cocoa
- 75 g cornflour
- 6 tbsp water, warm
- 1 glass cherries
- 1 packet vanilla sugar
- 4 tsp cornstarch
- 400 ml whipped cream
- 1 tbsp icing sugar
- 1 package whipped cream
- 100 g chocolate shavings
- Candied cherries, cocktail cherries
- Hand mixer
- Springform pan
- Cake divider
- Piping bag
Prepare the sponge cake
- Separate the egg yolks from the whites.
- Mix the egg yolks with water and sugar until creamy.
- Mix the flour, baking powder and baking cocoa and add to the egg yolk mixture.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff and carefully fold into the egg yolk mixture.
- Pour the sponge cake into a springform pan and bake at 200 °C for 30 – 35 minutes.
- Let the sponge cake cool down and cut in half horizontally.
Prepare the filling and layer the cake
- Drain the sour cherries and collect approx. 40 ml of the juice.
- Starch with 2 Stir in the cherry juice, bring the rest of the cherry juice to a boil.
- Stir in the starch and bring everything to the boil.
- Whip the cream with the powdered sugar, vanilla sugar and whipped cream until stiff.
- Spread the lower sponge cake with the cherry mixture, cover with the second sponge cake and top with 1 /3 of the whipped cream.
- Place the third layer of sponge cake on top and completely cover the cake with the cream.
- Decorate the Black Forest gateau with chocolate shavings n.
- Apply dabs of cream cream with a piping bag.
- Decorate the cake with candied cherries or cocktail cherries, if you like.