Birthday cake with whipped cream, bananas and grated chocolate
Portions: 8 persons | Preparation: 195 minutes
The birthday cake with whipped cream, bananas and grated chocolate is a modification of the classic mole cake. In this recipe, the sponge cake is colored blue and gets a great contrast from the bananas. The cake is wonderfully complemented by the delicious cream with grated chocolate.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 6 votes )
- 110 g butter, softened
- 100 g sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 2 eggs
- 150 g flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 70 ml milk
- blue food coloring, or cocoa powder
- 400 ml whipped cream, cold
- 4 tsp San Apart
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- Food colouring, pink
- 30 g grated chocolate
- 3 bananas
- hand mixer
- 20 cm springform pan
- cake rack
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees.
- Line a small springform pan with baking paper.
- Mix the flour with the baking powder.
- Mix the softened butter with the sugar and vanilla paste until creamy.
- Mix in the eggs.
- The flour mixture alternately stir in with the milk.
- Color with blue food colouring.
- Mix everything together to form an even batter.
- Pour the batter into the springform pan.
- Bake the cake at 175 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
- Let cool on a wire rack .
- Hollow out the bottom of the cake with a spoon, leaving an edge around it.
- Pour the cake crumbs into a bowl.
- Whip the cold cream with the powdered sugar and San Apart.
- Color pink if you like.
- Fold in the grated chocolate.
- Have the bananas in half lengthwise.
- Lay them next to each other on the cake base.
- Apply the cream in mounds.
- Sprinkle the cake crumbs evenly over it.
- Place the cake in the fridge for 2 hours.
- The birth Decorate the cake with sugar sprinkles and cake decorations as you like.