Birthday cake Ninjago made of sponge cake with caramel cream
Portions: 12 persons | Preparation: 135 minutes
This birthday cake as a ninja head will delight all Ninjago fans. The cake is composed of biscuit layers and caramel cream. The topping of yellow fondant and gold powder makes the ninja shine.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 1 votes )
- 350 g sugar
- 180 g butter
- 12 eggs
- 300 g flour
- 250 g sweetened condensed milk, cooked
- 200 g butter
- 400 g rolled fondant, yellow
- 50 g rolled fondant , black
- gold powder, at will
- hand mixer
- 2 springform pans, approx. 20 cm in diameter
- cake stand
- fondant set
Bake the biscuit
- Melt the butter.
- Separate the yolks from the whites.
- Add the sugar to the yolks and mix in a hot water bath until creamy.
- Sieve the flour into the white cream, but do not stir yet.
- Pour in the melted butter.
- Beat the egg whites in a separate bowl and gently stir into the cream.
- Line two springform pans (approx. 20 cm in diameter) with baking paper and fill in the sponge cake.
- In the preheated oven Bake at 180 degrees for about 35 minutes.
- The biscuit should be processed further when cool.
Prepare the cream and assemble the cake
- Beat the butter until creamy and stir in the sweetened condensed milk.
- Cut the biscuit bases crosswise.
- All bases Spread the caramel cream on top.
- Stack the bases on top of each other.
- Form a ninja head, cut a little narrower at the top.
- Roll out the yellow rolled fondant.
- Cover the entire ninja head with fondant.
- For the face et Leave some free space and throw the rest as a cloth, creases can also occur.
- The head is decorated with gold powder, except for the face.
- Now come the round black eyes, these can be made with a small circle cutter.
- The eyebrows should not be missing either.
- You can prepare a template to help and use it to design your face.