Beetroot salad with avocado, blue cheese and honey mustard dressing
Portions: 4 persons | Preparation: 80 minutes
Sweet beetroot, creamy avocado, zesty blue cheese and crunchy nuts make a wonderful combination. The beetroot salad is complemented by a spicy honey mustard dressing. This light and tasty one is perfect for the cold season.
Please review recipe:
- 600-700 g beetroot
- 1 avocado
- 100 g lettuce
- 100 g blue cheese, or feta cheese
- 1 handful of walnuts, chopped
Honey mustard dressing
- 100-120 ml olive oil
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar -vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200 °C.
- Wash the beetroot thoroughly and wrap in aluminum foil.
- Bake for about 1 hour until soft.
- Let the beetroot cool, peel and cut into sticks.
- Remove the skin from the avocado and cut crosswise into slices.
- Clean the lettuce and place on a plate.
- Place the beetroot and avocado on top.
- Sprinkle the crumbled blue cheese and the nuts on top.
- For the honey mustard dressing: oil, vinegar, honey, Shake the mustard, salt and pepper vigorously in a dressing shaker.
- Pour the honey mustard dressing over the salad and stir gently.
- Serve the salad with the beetroot and avocado immediately.
- dressing shaker