Beetroot layered salad with herring, carrots and apples
Portions: 10 persons | Preparation: 90 minutes
Beetroot layered salad with herring is traditionally enjoyed in Russia on New Year’s Eve. Classically, the layered salad consists of salted herring, boiled potatoes, carrots, beetroot and mayonnaise. Here, however, apples are added, which give the salad a fruity note.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 7 votes )
- 500 g herring fillet
- 100 g carrots
- 200 g beetroot
- 100 g apples
- 200 g mayonnaise
- salt, to taste
- parsley or basil, to taste
- serving dish
- cutting board
- Cut the fish fillets into small pieces.
- Boil the beets and carrots, let them cool, peel and grate.
- Wash the apples, peel and cut into 4 parts.
- Cut out the core and grate on a medium grater as well.
- Place the pieces of herring in a salad bowl or serving bowl.
- Then place the beetroot, carrots and apples in layers.
- Spread each layer with mayonnaise.
- Place the layered salad with herring in the fridge for approx. 7 – 8 hours.
- Before Serve garnished with parsley or basil.