Beef with vegetables and red wine sauce
Portions: 4 persons | Preparation: 240 minutes
This is a wonderful beef stew with vegetables like potatoes, carrots and onions. The strong red wine sauce with a spicy hint of balsamic vinegar is the perfect combination. So the preparation time is well invested! Because the vegetables are incredibly soft and the beef very tender.
Please review recipe:
- 1200-1400 g beef
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 onions
- 6 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 30 g flour
- 450 ml red wine, dry
- 500 ml beef stock
- 500 ml water
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- ½-1 tsp sugar
- 500 g potatoes
- 4 carrots
- herbs, to taste
- Rinse the beef, pat dry and cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add 1/3 of the meat, sear 1-2 minutes and transfer.
- Then heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in the pan again and fry the second third of the meat and decant.
- Fry the rest of the meat in vegetable oil in the same way.
- Peel and chop the onions and garlic.
- And put in the pan in which the meat was fried.
- Add the balsamic vinegar and stir-fry for approx. 5 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste and heat for approx. 1 more minute.
- Then put the beef back into the Place in the pan.
- Sprinkle in the flour and sweat for approx. 1-2 minutes.
- Deglaze with red wine.
- Add the beef stock, water, bay leaf, thyme and sugar, stir and bring to the boil.
- Then reduce the heat 2 hours.
- Peel the potatoes and carrots and cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Then add to the meat in the saucepan and let everything simmer together for another 50-60 minutes.
- Before serving with sprinkle with finely chopped herbs.
- cutting board
- mixing spoon