Beef goulash with vegetable onions and red wine in a cauldron
Portions: 6 persons | Preparation: 270 minutes
No meat lover can resist this delicious and tasty beef goulash with onions in the cauldron. If the meat is stewed in an onion sauce for a long time, it turns out very tender and hearty tasty. Beef goulash is a delicious accompaniment to potatoes, rice or cooked pasta. The meat becomes very tender and flavorful when stewed for a long time, and the abundant sauce makes each side dish as juicy as possible, with a rich and distinct flavor.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 7 votes )
- 600 g beef goulash
- 400 g shallots or vegetable onions
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 200 ml red wine
- 400 ml meat stock, strong
- 3 tbsp clarified butter
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 tsp paprika, sweet
- 1/ 2 tsp marjoram
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 pinch of cayenne pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- cutting board
- mixer spatula
- Peel the onions and cut into cubes.
- Roughly dice the beef goulash.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of clarified butter in a roasting pan.
- Simmer the onions in it over a low heat for about 20 minutes.
- Stir regularly.
- The onions remove.
- Put 1 tablespoon of clarified butter in the roasting pan and sear the goulash over high heat.
- Caution: sear the beef in batches, otherwise a lot of meat liquid will escape, which will prevent it from browning.
- Peel the garlic and chop finely.
- Onions and add the tomato paste to the meat and roast it.
- Deglaze with red wine and let it simmer a little.
- Add the garlic, paprika powder, marjoram, cayenne pepper, caraway and bay leaves and stir in briefly.
- Pour in the meat stock and simmer everything with the lid closed for approx Braise for 4 hours on a low heat on the hob, at 180 °C in the
- oven or in a casserole pot.
- The goulash is ready when the onions have broken down and the meat is tender.
- The gula Season with salt and pepper and remove the bay leaves.
- Serves with boiled potatoes and a fresh salad with cucumber and radishes.
Paprika mix cut into strips can also be added to the meat.