Baked turkey with vegetables in champagne sauce
Portions: 8 persons | Preparation: 150 minutes
Baked turkey with vegetables in a champagne sauce sounds very unusual. The poultry is baked in the oven to be incredibly juicy and flavorful. Filled with juicy vegetables on the inside and poured over with chicken broth and champagne, a harmonious and aromatic composition is created. This dish is perfect for a festive table.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 4 votes )
- ½ onion
- ½ carrot
- 1 stalk celery
- ½ orange
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- 1 tbsp dried rosemary
- 1 tbsp dried sage
- 1 tbsp dried thyme
- ½ tbsp lemon pepper
- Salt, to taste
- 3-4 kg turkey, whole
- 210 ml chicken stock
- 375 ml champagne
- baking sheet
- tin foil
- cutting board
- kitchen twine
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees.
- Line a deep baking sheet with a piece of aluminum foil large enough to wrap the entire poultry.
- Peel the vegetables.
- Dice the onion, carrot and celery.
- Orange in Cut into wedges.
- Mix the herbs, pepper and salt in a small bowl.
- Rub the turkey inside and out with the spice mixture.
- Stuff with the prepared vegetables and orange.
- Tie the legs together with kitchen twine.
- Bird on the Place on the baking sheet.
- Pour the broth and champagne over it.
- Make sure that a small amount of the liquid also flows into the poultry.
- Cover the turkey with foil so that it is not tight on the thighs and breast.
- Place in the oven and cook until the juices run clear when you pierce, about 1½ to 2 hours.
- Remove the foil and bake the poultry for a further 30-60 minutes until golden brown.
- Cover the baked turkey in foil, 10 -Let steep for 15 minutes.
Lemon pepper can be replaced with ground black pepper.