Baked roast chicken in garlic sauce
Portions: 4 persons | Preparation: 90 minutes
The roast chicken, which is first roasted and then baked in a milk and garlic sauce, comes out incredibly tender and juicy. Tasty, aromatic, filling and tender, this dish will delight everyone who tries it. Gratinated chicken may take some effort, but it’s definitely worth it.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 3 votes )
- 1 Roast chicken, young, approx. 800 g
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 10-12 cloves of garlic
- 500 ml milk
- 30 g butter
- cutting board
- cling film
- kitchen mallet
- frying pan
- aluminium foil
- garlic press
- Slit the roast chicken along the breast, opening like a book.
- Be careful not to cut it in two.
- Wrap in cling film and flatten lightly to flatten it.
- Rub with salt.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a frying pan over medium-high.
- Place the chicken, back side up.
- Place foil or parchment paper on the chicken.
- Place a weight, such as a pot of water, on top.
- From the Fry one side for about 15 minutes or a little longer until golden brown.
- Then turn, cook for another 10 minutes so that the poultry is also browned on the other side.
- Then remove from the pan, place on the plate and cover with aluminum foil.
- Peel the garlic, chop half with a knife.
- Put the remaining vegetables through the press.
- Reheat the skillet over low heat.
- Fry the chopped garlic in the chicken fat for a minute and a half.
- Pressed garlic add, continue cooking 30 seconds.
- Pour the milk slowly into the pan, whisking constantly with a whisk.
- Once the mixture comes to a boil, add the butter in small pieces.
- Continue to whisk.
- Keep the garlic sauce on Continue to simmer for 5 minutes on a low flame, stirring constantly.
- Place the roast chicken in a casserole dish, pour over the garlic sauce.
- Approx. Cook in a preheated oven at 190°C for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove the roast chicken from the oven and serve hot.
The backbone of the chicken can be cut out before cooking. Then it is not necessary to flatten it. This recipe is best prepared in a cast-iron skillet.