Baked red cabbage steaks with balsamic honey glaze and walnuts
Portions: 6 persons | Preparation: 30 minutes
A glaze of balsamic vinegar and honey gives the vegetables a delicious flavor. As an accompaniment to roast meat or poultry, this dish will convince everyone. Tasty and unusual, these red cabbage steaks can be served at a feast.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 4 votes )
- 1 head red cabbage
- 1 clove garlic
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp honey
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 3- 4 tbsp walnuts
- baking sheet
- cutting board
- garlic press
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Cut the red cabbage into large pieces or slices 2-3 cm thick.
- Press the garlic through the garlic press.
- With oil, vinegar, mustard, Combine the honey, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Coat both sides of the cabbage with the marinade.
- Place the vegetables on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake the red cabbage slices until golden, about 20-25 minutes.
- Toss with chopped walnuts before serving Sprinkle.
- Serve baked red cabbage steaks with meat or poultry.