Baked rabbit with garlic in a creamy sauce
Portions: 2 persons | Preparation: 75 minutes
Baked rabbit with garlic in a cream sauce tastes tender and has a fine aroma of thyme, rosemary and oregano. The long cooking time gives the meat a wonderful taste. To do this, onions are first fried and then mixed with the remaining ingredients of the sauce. Finally, rabbit only has to be placed in a casserole dish and poured over with the sauce. Less than an hour later, the delicious dish can be served.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 3 votes )
- 1 onion
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- 250ml water
- 250g sour cream
- 1 tsp salt
- Black pepper, to taste
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp oregano , dried
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 2 rabbit legs
- cutting board
- casserole dish
- frying pan
- Peel the vegetables.
- Chop the onion into small pieces, mince the garlic.
- Put a tablespoon of vegetable oil in a frying pan.
- Simmer the onion for 4-5 minutes over a medium heat.
- Do not fry the vegetables too much.
- Heat the butter in another pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the flour, stir-fry for about a minute.
- Pour in hot water, stir well so that no lumps remain.
- Sour cream, salt, pepper, garlic, oregano, Add the thyme and rosemary.
- Stir well again, remove from the heat and mix with the onions.
- Place the rabbit legs in a casserole dish.
- Pour the sauce over them, cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the oven at 190°C for about 1 hour .
- Take the rabbit out of the oven and serve with a side dish of your choice.