Baked pumpkin in bacon with rosemary, honey and garlic
Portions: 4 persons | Preparation: 40 minutes
Crispy bacon and sweet pumpkin make an unusual combination. With garlic and honey, the taste becomes savory and interesting. Baked pumpkin in bacon is just the thing for an autumn evening.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 4 votes )
- 1 pumpkin, small
- 150 g bacon
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey, runny
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1 sprig rosemary
- cutting board
- baking sheet
- garlic press
- Peel the squash and scoop out the seeds with a spoon.
- Cut the flesh into chunks.
- Wrap a strip of bacon around each piece of squash, then place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Put the garlic through the garlic press Squeeze.
- Squeeze 2 tablespoons of juice from the lemon.
- Mix the oil, honey, salt, pepper and garlic with the lemon juice in a bowl.
- Pour the dressing over the squash and add the rosemary.
- Squash about 20- Bake for 25 minutes at 180°C.
- Bacon-wrapped pumpkin tastes best fresh out of the oven.