Baked pike with potatoes, onions and bacon
This dish is a real decoration of the festive table. The mixture with which the fish is stuffed turns out to be very juicy, tender and tasty. A certain amount of practice is required to prepare the . But the filling is ready very easily and quickly. Onions are fried and mixed with potatoes, bacon and fish that have been minced. Then filled and cooked in the oven, this dish is really a treat for the palate.
- 1 pike, 2 kg
- 2-3 potatoes
- 200 g bacon, raw
- 1-2 onions
- 4 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp salt
- Black pepper, to taste
- Scale the pike, remove the gills and rinse the fish under running water.
- Carefully cut the pike near the head from the side of the belly so as not to cut it off completely, but leave it hanging on part of the skin.
- Skin with a thin , use a sharp knife to gradually cut off the flesh of the fish and pull it off the fish like a stocking.
- As soon as you want to cut the tail, cut through the spine.
- Cut the fish fillet into pieces.
- Peel the vegetables.
- Fish, potatoes and bacon through a meat grinder and mix together in a bowl.
- Chop the onions and sauté them in a pan with two tablespoons of oil for about 5 – 7 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and allow the vegetables to cool.
- Cook the onions with the potato mixture, salt and Mix the pepper.
- Carefully fill the pike skin with the mixture and place on a greased baking tray.
- Bake the stuffed pike for approx. 40 – 45 minutes at 180 °C and serve immediately.
- cutting board
- frying pan
- meat grinder
- baking sheet