Baked beef ribs with cranberries and vegetables in the oven
Portions: 6 persons | Preparation: 180 minutes
You should try these beef ribs. Juicy meat, braised with aromatic red wine, fruity berries and various herbs will melt in your mouth. Served with the side dish, like a tender mashed potato, this recipe is sure to turn heads.
Please review recipe:
- 2200 g beef ribs
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1 onion
- 2 shallots
- 1-2 carrots
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 500 ml red wine, dry
- 500 ml beef stock
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 4 sprigs of thyme
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- 2 bay leaves
- 400 g cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 160°C.
- Roughly chop the ribs and season all sides with salt and pepper.
- Peel the onions, shallots and carrots.
- Cut the onions and shallots into thin half rings.
- Carrots dice.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan.
- Fry the ribs over high heat until crispy on all sides.
- Remove the meat and place on a plate.
- Add the onions, shallots and carrots to the pan.
- 5 -Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the ribs to the vegetables.
- Pour in the wine and broth.
- Add the tomato paste, sugar, thyme, rosemary and the bay leaves.
- Bring the liquid to a boil.
- Cranberries, Add salt and pepper and stir gently.
- Transfer to a deep casserole dish and cover with a lid or aluminum foil.
- Roast the ribs in the oven for 2½ to 3 hours.
- Serve the baked beef ribs with mashed potatoes or a side of your choice.
- cutting board
- frying pan