Baked aubergines with tuna, tomato sauce and cheese
Portions: 2 persons | Preparation: 50 minutes
The simple tuna filling complements the . With a tomato sauce and your favorite cheese, the gratinated vegetables are hearty and very tasty at the same time. Everyone should prepare this warm dish from the oven at least once.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 6 votes )
- 2 aubergines
- Salt, to taste
- 1 onion
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 450g canned tuna
- Black pepper, to taste
- 150g hard cheese
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3-4 tbsp tomato sauce, to taste Taste
- Square oven dish
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Have the aubergines in half lengthways.
- Make deep, cross-cut indentations in the aubergines.
- Sprinkle the vegetables with salt.
- Leave to stand for 10-15 minutes.
- Scoop out the flesh of the aubergines with a spoon. An aubergine wall about 4-5 mm thick should remain.
- Place the prepared aubergines in the oven dish and roast in the oven for 10 – 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, cut the flesh of the aubergines into small cubes.
- The onion in cut into fine cubes.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a frying pan.
- Fry the onion for about 2 – 3 minutes until translucent.
- Next, add the aubergine flesh.
- Stir the contents of the pan well and leave to cook for a further 5 minutes over a low heat.
- Meanwhile, drain the liquid from the tuna.
- Mash the fish well with a fork and add to the pan.
- Refine the filling with tomato sauce, if you like.
- Remove the pan from the heat.
- Season with salt and pepper Season to taste.
- Grate the cheese medium-coarse.
- Stuff the prepared pieces of aubergine with the filling.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top.
- Put a small piece of butter on each piece.
- Put the aubergines in the preheated Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.