Bake pumpkin muffins with cornmeal and mashed pumpkin for Halloween
Portions: 6 persons | Preparation: 65 minutes
These sunny yellow ones with a bat are a real treat for the next . They are very easy to make. Pumpkin puree and cornmeal make the muffins tender and crumbly and give them a nice light yellow color.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 4 votes )
- 200 g wheat flour
- 150 g corn flour
- 100 g sugar
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 1 p. Baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 50 ml vegetable oil
- 300 g pumpkin puree
- 80 ml milk
- icing sugar, for serving
- baking sheet
- baking paper
- hand mixer
- paper liners
- muffin tin
- For the pumpkin puree, cut the skin off the pumpkin.
- Scoop out the seeds with a spoon.
- Cut the pumpkin into large pieces.
- Place the pumpkin pieces on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Approx. Bake at 200 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Puree the warm squash with an immersion blender or fork.
- In a bowl, mix together the wheat flour, cornstarch, salt and baking powder.
- In a second, larger bowl, add the sugar, eggs, vegetable oil, milk and Mix the pumpkin puree.
- Add the flour mixture to the stirred pumpkin mixture.
- Mix everything together well.
- Place the paper cups in the muffin cups.
- Fill the batter into the cups up to ¾ full.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Bake the muffins on a medium setting for about 25 minutes until golden brown.
- Dust the muffins with powdered sugar if desired.
- Top the pumpkin muffins with bat decorations and serve for Halloween.