Aspic with chicken liver, carrots and fresh herbs
Portions: 6 persons | Preparation: 120 minutes
Making aspic yourself takes some time, but it’s worth it, because the homemade meat aspic tastes particularly good. The cold starter, i.e. meat or vegetables marinated in jelly, is a popular snack dish and an integral part of German cuisine.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 1 votes )
- 500 g chicken liver
- 1.5 kg chicken pieces,
- chicken offal
- 2 liters water
- 2 carrots
- parsley root
- celery root
- 2 onions
- 40 g gelatine, to 1 liter broth
- peppercorns, after To taste
- bay leaves, to taste
- salt, to taste
- Rinse all poultry offal under running water and place in a saucepan.
- Pour over water and cook for two hours.
- Peel onions, root vegetables (carrot, parsley and celery), peppercorns, bay leaves and salt 30 minutes before the end of cooking Add.
- Strain the broth.
- Chop the chicken giblets into bite-sized pieces.
- Return the giblets to the broth and cook for 20 minutes.
- Soak the gelatin in cold boiled water (8 parts water to 1 part gelatin) .
- Put the swollen gelatine in the broth with the offal, bring to the boil, but do not let it boil.
- Let the whole thing cool and divide into deep bowls.
- Put the jelly in the fridge to set.
- Before serving, cut the jelly into pieces and serve with bread and mustard.