Asian pilaf with rice, chicken, carrots and onions
Portions: 6 persons | Preparation: 85 minutes
The chicken turns out very tender, and the pilaf itself is incredibly fragrant and tasty thanks to barberry, cumin and other spices.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 1 votes )
- 500 g rice
- 100 ml oil
- 400 g onions
- 1 kg chicken meat
- 300 g carrots
- 1 tbsp salt
- pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp barberry
- 2-3 bay leaves
- 1 tsp zira
- 1 tsp turmeric
- water, as needed
- 3 bulbs garlic
- mixing spoon
- cutting board
- Soak the rice in the water for 20-30 minutes.
- Drain the liquid.
- In a skillet, heat the oil over high heat.
- Fry the chopped onion for 2-3 minutes.
- Cut the chicken into small pieces .
- Add to the onions and cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Cut the carrots into strips and also place in the casserole.
- Fry everything together for 3 minutes.
- Salt and pepper the whole thing.
- Barberry, bay leaves, cumin and add turmeric.
- Pour in enough water to bring the level slightly above the contents.
- Stir and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Place the washed rice in the casserole.
- Press until smooth, but do not stir.
- Press the whole garlic bulbs into the rice.
- Cover the casserole with a lid and cook over low heat for 15 minutes.
- Stir the pilaf and form a mound in the center of the casserole.
- A few holes in the rice so they reach the bottom of the skillet.
- Cook for another 10 minutes.
The rice pilaf any chicken pieces can be used. Span>