Asian pilaf with rice, chicken, carrots and onions
The chicken turns out very tender, and the pilaf itself is incredibly fragrant and tasty thanks to barberry, cumin and other spices.
Rating: Ø 5 ( 1 votes )
- 500 g rice
- 100 ml oil
- 400 g onions
- 1 kg chicken meat
- 300 g carrots
- 1 tbsp salt
- pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp barberry
- 2-3 bay leaves
- 1 tsp zira
- 1 tsp turmeric
- water, as needed
- 3 bulbs garlic
- Soak the rice in the water for 20-30 minutes.
- Drain the liquid.
- In a skillet, heat the oil over high heat.
- Fry the chopped onion for 2-3 minutes.
- Cut the chicken into small pieces .
- Add to the onions and cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Cut the carrots into strips and also place in the casserole.
- Fry everything together for 3 minutes.
- Salt and pepper the whole thing.
- Barberry, bay leaves, cumin and add turmeric.
- Pour in enough water to bring the level slightly above the contents.
- Stir and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Place the washed rice in the casserole.
- Press until smooth, but do not stir.
- Press the whole garlic bulbs into the rice.
- Cover the casserole with a lid and cook over low heat for 15 minutes.
- Stir the pilaf and form a mound in the center of the casserole.
- A few holes in the rice so they reach the bottom of the skillet.
- Cook for another 10 minutes.
The rice pilaf any chicken pieces can be used. Span>
- mixing spoon
- cutting board