Aromatic tomato soup with rice and vegetables
Portions: 4 persons | Preparation: 80 minutes
This rich tomato soup not only warms the body but also the soul. And does you good in the cold season. By frying the onions, carrots, peppers, garlic and tomato paste, the tomato soup gets its special roasted aroma. In terms of taste, it convinces everyone and tastes best with a slice of baguette.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 2 votes )
- 4-6 potatoes
- 1 pepper
- 1 onion
- 1 carrot
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4000 ml water
- 3-4 tbsp vegetable oil
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- 150 g rice
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 bay leaves
- herbs, to taste
- cutting board
- frying pan
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into bite-sized pieces.
- Core the peppers, wash them and cut them into small pieces.
- Peel the onions and chop them finely.
- Peel the carrots and grate them on a coarse grater.
- Peel the garlic cloves and chop them very finely.
- Pour water into a saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Add the potatoes, bring to the boil again and then cook for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the vegetable oil in a frying pan.
- Add the onions and cook for about 1-2 minutes sauté.
- Add the carrots and fry for approx. 2-3 minutes.
- Then add the paprika and roast for approx. 2-3 more minutes.
- Then season with salt and pepper.
- And add the tomato paste and stir in.
- For the Finally add the garlic and sauté for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the rice to the saucepan with the potatoes and cook for about 10 more minutes.
- After the time has elapsed, transfer the sautéed vegetables from the frying pan to the saucepan.
- Salt pepper and bay leaves and simmer for a few more minutes until the potatoes and rice are done.
- Stir in the chopped herbs and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Then turn off the stove and let the soup stand covered for a while.
- Remove bay leaves from the soup before serving and serve with bread.