Aromatic scones pumpkin buns with ginger and cinnamon
Portions: 4 persons | Preparation: 30 minutes
Scones are a traditional Scottish pastry. In this recipe, the were made with pumpkin puree and flavored with cinnamon and ginger.
Please review recipe:
- 160g pumpkin puree, from baked pumpkin
- 1 egg
- 50g sugar
- 3 tbsp milk
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ginger, to taste
- 10g baking powder
- 260g flour
- 2 tbsp milk
- 10 g powdered sugar
- Mix together the egg and sugar.
- Add the pumpkin puree, milk and butter and mix again.
- Add the sifted flour with the cinnamon, ginger and baking powder and mix until smooth.
- Flour the work surface.
- Form the dough into a ball.
- Place the ball of dough in an oven pan.
- Press the dough flat and cut into pieces like a pizza.
- Press the pieces slightly towards the edges of the pan.
- Cook the scones at 220 degrees Bake for about 15 minutes.
For the icing
- In a small bowl, mix the milk and icing sugar until smooth and heat over low heat.
- Let the scones cool slightly and apply the icing.
The scones are rich and very soft, they taste especially good while still warm when sliced lengthways and spread with jam or butter.
- hand mixer
- kitchen scales
- mixing bowl
- oven pan
- flour sieve