Aromatic quince cake with eggs and vanilla
Portions: 6 persons | Preparation: 85 minutes
Instead of the usual apple pie, this delicious pastry can be prepared with airy dough and fragrant quince. The fruit is previously stewed in the pan, so the cake turns out very soft and juicy. Since the preparation is very simple, even a beginner will be able to bake.
Please review recipe:
- 2 quinces, large
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp water
- 200 g sugar + 1 tablespoon
- 4 eggs
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 140 g flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- Peel the quinces and cut into thin wedges.
- Melt the butter in a pan.
- Add the pieces of fruit.
- Add the water and 1 tablespoon of the sugar.
- Simmer the quinces over a low heat for 10-15 minutes, until tender .
- Stir occasionally.
- Then remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Line the baking tin with baking paper.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Beat the eggs and sugar in a bowl with the mixer until fluffy and slightly foamy.
- Add the vanilla extract and beat again.
- Sieve the flour, mix with the baking powder and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the eggs and mix until smooth.
- Gently fold in the quinces and pour the batter into the prepared pan .
- Bake the quince cake for about 45-55 minutes.
Use a toothpick to check if the quince cake is done.
- cutting board
- baking dish