Aromatic pumpkin jam with apple and orange
Portions: 10 persons | Preparation: 85 minutes
A wonderful trio of pumpkin, apple and orange flavors. Fruity tasty, moderately sweet and with a creamy consistency, this can be served with tea or used as a pie filling.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 5 votes )
- 1¹⁄₂ kg pumpkin, peeled
- 1 kg apples, cored, sweet and sour variety
- 1 orange
- 1¹⁄₂ kg sugar
- food processor
- cutting board
- sterilized jars
- citrus juicer
- hand blender
- Cut the pumpkin and apples into pieces.
- Peel the orange and squeeze out the juice.
- Crush the pumpkin, apples and orange peel in the food processor.
- Add the orange juice and 1 kg of sugar.
- Mix everything thoroughly.
- The mass bring to a boil in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove the lid and cook, stirring, for a further 15 minutes.
- Stir in the remaining sugar and jam for more Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat.
- Use an immersion blender to blend the warm jam to the desired consistency.
- Return the jam to the stove.
- Cover with a lid and cook another 5 Simmer for a few minutes.
- Make sure the pot is tightly closed, as the mixture will bubble.
- Pour the finished pumpkin jam into sterilized jars and seal tightly.
- Turn the jars upside down, cover and chop nd let cool.
- Serve the pumpkin jam with tea or use it as a pie filling.