Aromatic pumpkin casserole with garlic and breadcrumbs
Portions: 4 persons | Preparation: 65 minutes
Ordinary pumpkin casserole can be turned into a gourmet meal. Simply season with the herbs and garlic and bake in the oven with delicate cream. This autumnal dish can be conjured up and enjoyed in a relatively short time.
Please review recipe:
- 5 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp butter
- 40 g breadcrumbs
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- 2200 g pumpkin
- 2-3 sprigs of parsley
- 2-3 sprigs of thyme
- 360 ml cream
- 2 pinches nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 190°C.
- Have a clove of garlic in half lengthways.
- Melt half of the butter.
- Rub the garlic clove into a deep casserole dish and brush with melted butter.
- Heat the remaining butter in a frying pan.
- Add the breadcrumbs, season with salt and pepper.
- Fry for 2-3 minutes, stirring.
- Peel the pumpkin and cut into very thin slices or strips.
- Finely chop the herbs and the remaining garlic.
- Squash with herbs, Mix together the garlic, salt and pepper.
- Pour the vegetables into the casserole dish.
- Mix the cream and nutmeg, place in a saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Then pour over the pumpkin.
- Put the pumpkin in the oven and bake for 20 minutes .
- Then remove from the oven and give it a good stir.
- Return to the oven and cook for another 10-15 minutes.
- Sprinkle the pumpkin casserole with breadcrumbs and bake for a further 5-10 minutes until the casserole is golden.
For a very crispy crust, prepare pumpkin casserole with the breadcrumbs on the grill function.
- cutting board