Aromatic pumpkin biscuits with cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and vanilla
Portions: 8 persons | Preparation: 92 minutes
Soft, crumbly cookies with cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla are great for a fall evening. The tea will certainly taste much better and the mood will improve.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 4 votes )
- 500g pumpkin, peeled
- 375g flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ginger, ground
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp cloves, ground
- ¼ tsp Allspice, ground
- ½ tsp salt
- 110 g butter
- 200 g sugar
- 100 g brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- baking sheet
- cutting board
- stand mixer
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Line the baking tray with baking paper.
- Cut the pumpkin into large pieces.
- Place on the baking tray and roast for 40-50 minutes until the fruit is soft.
- Then allow to cool completely.
- Purge the pumpkin in a blender or pass it through a fine sieve.
- Weigh 250 g of the puree.
- Mix the flour with baking powder, baking soda, allspice and salt in a bowl.
- Using a mixer, beat the butter with both types of sugar until creamy .
- Add the egg and vanilla extract to the butter and beat until smooth.
- Hold in the dry ingredients and knead into a soft, smooth dough.
- Line the baking tray with parchment paper.
- Shape the dough into round biscuits and place on top.
- Pumpkin biscuits Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for approx. 12 to 15 minutes until golden.
- Decorate the cooled pumpkin biscuits with icing as desired.