Aromatic puff pastry apple strudel with cinnamon and raisins
The classic one is made from a strudel dough. In this recipe, the apple strudel is baked with puff pastry and tastes very aromatic with raisins and cinnamon.
Rating: Ø 5 ( 4 votes )
- 4 apples
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 200 g brown sugar
- 150 g raisins
- 1-2 tsp cinnamon
- 250 g puff pastry
- 1 egg
- 60 ml milk
- icing sugar, to taste
- Peel and core the apples.
- Cut three apples into thin slices or chunks.
- Grab the fourth apple on a grater and drizzle with lemon juice.
- Mix the apples with the sugar, raisins and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Roll out the puff pastry on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Spread the filling over one of the long sides and cover with the other half of the pastry.
- Press the edges together.
- Mix the egg and milk in a small bowl.
- Add the strudel Brush with the egg.
- Use a knife to make several cuts in the dough.
- Bake the apple strudel for 35-40 minutes at 200 °C until nicely browned.
- After cooling, sprinkle the apple strudel with powdered sugar and serve.
- cutting board
- kitchen brush
- icing sugar shaker