Aromatic potato stew with wine, pork and garlic
Portions: 6 persons | Preparation: 105 minutes
The meat is first seared and then simmered with vegetables, wine and tomato paste, making it incredibly soft and delicious. This is very filling, rich and aromatic. Definitely worth trying this recipe.
Please review recipe:
- 750g pork
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2-3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 60ml red wine, dry
- 1 tsp allspice, whole
- 2 bay leaf
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste Taste
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 L water
- 3-5 potatoes
- 2-3 peppers
- Peel the vegetables.
- Cut the meat into medium-sized pieces.
- Chop the onions into quarter rings, do not chop the garlic too coarsely.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat.
- Fry the pieces of meat for a few minutes on all sides.
- Reduce heat to medium, add onion and garlic and continue cooking 3-4 minutes.
- Pour wine into pan, add allspice and bay leaves.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until liquid has completely evaporated.
- Season with salt and pepper and stir again.
- Add the tomato paste to the meat and stir-fry for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Add enough water to completely cover the meat.
- On low heat with the lid closed 40-45 Simmer for minutes.
- Cut the potatoes into pieces roughly the same size as the meat.
- Chop the peppers into slightly smaller pieces.
- Add the prepared vegetables to the pork, stir, cover and cook for approx -Continue to simmer for 30 minutes.
- If the vegetables and meat are not almost completely covered by the broth, add a little more water.
- Sprinkle with chopped herbs on the potato stew before serving.
- cutting board
- frying pan