Aromatic potato gratin with leek, thyme and garlic
Portions: 4 persons | Preparation: 80 minutes
This is delicious. The onions fried with garlic and fresh thyme give the potatoes a special flavor. Baked in the oven, the consistency becomes soft, juicy and very tender.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 4 votes )
- 1 kg potatoes
- 300 g leeks
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3 sprigs of thyme
- 50 g butter + some for greasing
- 350 ml whipped cream
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- Cheese, to taste, optional
- cutting board
- frying pan
- Peel and slice the potatoes.
- Make sure each slice is no more than ¹⁄₂ centimeters thick.
- Boil the potatoes in boiling water for 3 minutes.
- Strain the vegetables in a colander.
- Cut the light part of the leeks into rings.
- Chop the garlic and thyme.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan over a medium heat.
- Fry the leeks in it for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add the garlic and the thyme and continue cooking for 1 minute.
- Grease a casserole dish with butter.
- Scatter half of the potatoes and the fried leeks in the dish.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover with the remaining potatoes.
- Sprinkle with salt and Sprinkle pepper and pour the cream over it.
- Bake the casserole for 45-60 minutes at 180 °C until the potatoes are soft.
- Sprinkle the grated cheese on the potato gratin about 10-15 minutes before the end of cooking.