Aromatic plum tart made from shortcrust pastry with cognac and meringue
Portions: 6 persons | Preparation: 60 minutes
Simple but incredibly tasty and aromatic with meringue. Amazing sweet and sour filling, tender crumbly batter under sweet light meringue. This dreamlike combination of fruit and dough invites you to a cozy coffee afternoon.
Please review recipe:
- 170 g flour
- 2 egg yolks
- 240 g sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp water
- 75 g butter
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 10-12 prunes
- 1 tsp starch
- 1 tbsp rolled oats
- 10 g vanilla sugar
- 30 ml cognac
- Knead a dough from butter, 40 g sugar, egg yolks, salt, water, flour and baking powder.
- Wrap the dough in cling film and put it in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Beat the egg whites little by little Drizzle in 150 g sugar.
- Roll out the pastry and line a tart pan with a diameter of 22 cm, forming an edge.
- Have the plums in half and remove the stones.
- Cut the plums into wedges.
- Prick the pastry base with a fork .
- Sprinkle the dough with rolled oats and vanilla sugar.
- Place the plums next to each other on the dough.
- Drizzle with cognac.
- Sprinkle with the starch and the remaining sugar.
- Spread the glossy egg whites over the plums.
- The plum cake Bake with meringue at 180 degrees for 30 minutes.
- flour sieve
- hand mixer
- tart tin