Aromatic hummus – chickpea dip with carrots and garlic
Made with chickpeas and roasted carrots, this hummus will make a great snack with a pleasant garlic flavor and a hint of lemon. Served with a fresh piece of bread or baguette, the chickpea dip is perfect for a snack. This snack tastes just as good with chips, meat, flatbread or sliced vegetables.
- 230g carrots
- 3 cloves garlic
- ½ cup olive oil + 2 tablespoons
- ¾ tsp salt
- 250g chickpeas, cooked or canned
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- cayenne pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 220°C.
- Peel the carrots and cut into pieces.
- Peel the garlic cloves.
- Place the prepared carrot pieces in a casserole dish or on a baking sheet.
- With the garlic cloves, 2 tablespoons oil and ½ teaspoon Mix in the salt.
- Cover the whole thing with foil.
- Bake the vegetable mixture for about 15 minutes until soft.
- Then remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Put the carrots in a blender with the garlic and chickpeas and blend into a smooth Puree the mixture.
- Add the lemon juice, oil, salt and pepper.
- Puree the whole thing again properly.
- Serve the carrot hummus with a baguette or fresh bread.
- Casserole dish
- Cutting board