Aromatic fish soup bouillabaisse with mussels and chili
Portions: 8 persons | Preparation: 100 minutes
Bouillabaisse is an aromatic French . Traditionally, the soup is served with a crispy toasted baguette and rouille sauce.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 7 votes )
- ½ baguette
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 leek
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 fennel
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- 3 bay leaves
- 3 sprigs of parsley
- 2 strips of orange peel
- 1 chili pepper
- 4 tomatoes
- 1 potato
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 badian
- ⅓ tbsp saffron
- 1½ l fish stock
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 kg fish fillet
- 300 g mussels
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 cloves
- Chili, to taste
- 1 pinch of saffron
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 egg yolk
- 100 ml olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- cutting board
- hand blender
- Cut the baguette into thin slices.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Place the bread on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Drizzle with oil and bake for 15 minutes until golden and crispy.
- Chop the leeks.
- Chop the garlic.
- Chop the fennel into small pieces.
- Gate the thyme, bay leaf, parsley, orange zest and chili peppers into a bunch with kitchen string.
- Finely chop the tomatoes.
- Peel the potatoes.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and sauté the leeks with the fennel for 10 minutes until soft.
- Add the garlic and sauté for 2 more minutes.
- Gathered herbs, tomato paste, star anise, tomatoes and saffron add.
- Simmer over low heat for 1-2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add fish stock.
- Season with salt and pepper and bring the stock to a boil.
- Add the uncut potato and cook for 30 minutes.
- The Ka Remove the potatoes from the broth and set aside.
- Mash the garlic, chili, saffron and salt in a mortar and pestle.
- Mash the cooked potatoes into a sticky paste.
- Stir the egg yolks and olive oil until smooth.
- Add lemon juice to taste.
- Remove the bunch of herbs from the broth.
- Pure the soup with a hand blender.
- Cut the fish fillet into large pieces.
- Add to the soup and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the washed mussels and cook for about 5 minutes leave until the mussels are open and the fish is tender.
- Use the prepared sauce to thicken the soup.
- Serve the bouillabaisse fish soup with croutons.