Aromatic crumble cake with pumpkin, semolina and lemon
This one with pumpkin is delicious. With a crumbly batter and a juicy pumpkin filling with a hint of lemon, it tastes unusual while being incredibly aromatic. It is a simple cake, which is not particularly complex, but which is all the more convincing in terms of its taste.
- 800g pumpkin
- 1 lemon
- 1 cup sugar, for the dough
- 100g sugar, for the filling
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup semolina
- 1 pinch salt
- 180g butter, cold
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Line the bottom of a round baking tin with baking paper.
- Peel the pumpkin and grate not too finely.
- Finely grate the zest of the lemon and squeeze out the juice.
- pumpkin, 100 g sugar, Mix the lemon juice and lemon zest in a bowl.
- Leave the filling to stand for 10-15 minutes so that the pumpkin becomes juicy.
- Mix the flour with the semolina, the remaining sugar and the salt.
- Roughly grate the cold butter.
- Grate Rub the butter and dry ingredients together into crumbles.
- Cut the dough into four equal portions and divide the filling into three portions.
- Stir the filling in the bowl from time to time so that the juice is distributed evenly.
- The crumbles and Place the filling in alternating layers in the prepared baking pan.
- The dough should form the first and last layer.
- Bake the crumble cake in the oven for approx. 30-40 minutes until golden brown.
- Baking dish
- Chopping board
- Citrus press
- 250 ml jar