Aromatic chicken thighs in the oven with figs and onions
Portions: 4 persons | Preparation: 80 minutes
With shallots, red onions, figs and a honey-mustard sauce, they taste aromatic in the oven. The chicken thighs go very well with fried potatoes or fries.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 3 votes )
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 chicken thighs
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 3 shallots
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 red onion
- 2-3 sprigs thyme
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- ¹ ⁄₂ tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp honey
- 250 ml chicken stock
- Herbs, to taste
- 5-7 figs
- mixing spoon
- Heat the oil in an ovenproof skillet.
- Season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper.
- Brown lightly on each side for 4-5 minutes and transfer to a plate.
- In the same skillet, add the chopped shallots and garlic Fry for 4 minutes.
- Chop the red onion as small as you like.
- Add the thyme leaves to the pan with the onions and fry for 3 minutes.
- Mix the vinegar, mustard and honey in a bowl.
- Mix the honey-mustard sauce with the broth Pour over the vegetables.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 4 minutes.
- Add the chopped herbs.
- Return the chicken thighs to the pan.
- Pour the honey mustard sauce from the pan over the meat.
- Distribute large pieces of figs between the poultry.
- Bake the chicken drumsticks in the pan at 180 ° C for 35-40 minutes.