Aromatic chicken casserole with tomatoes, garlic and cheese
Portions: 6 persons | Preparation: 60 minutes
There is no need to knead dough for this recipe, so absolutely everyone will be able to cook this dish. It tastes delicious and tender. Between the thin sheets of flatbread you will find an aromatic filling of fried chicken, vegetables, cheese and herbs.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 1 votes )
- 500g chicken breast
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- salt, to taste
- spices, to taste
- 1/4 bunch herbs
- 1 egg
- 100ml buttermilk
- 2 flatbreads, thin, e.g. lavash
- 200 g hard cheese
- Cut the chicken breast into small pieces.
- Finely chop the onion.
- Crush the garlic.
- Cut each tomato in a cross shape where the stem ends.
- Place the tomatoes in boiling water for a minute.
- Then rinse.
- Skin and finely dice the tomatoes.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a frying pan.
- Fry the chicken until it changes color from pink to light brown.
- Add the onion and garlic.
- Cook, stirring, until the vegetables are soft .
- Put the tomatoes in the pan.
- Sprinkle with salt and spices and stir well.
- Simmer over a low heat for about 10 minutes.
- A ready-mix can be used as a spice.
- The herbs can also be used if you like to taste.
- Mix the finished filling with chopped herbs.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the egg, buttermilk and salt.
- Grease a casserole dish lightly with vegetable oil.
- Put a flatbread on the bottom of the dish fold into slight folds.
- Thoroughly spread the flatbread folds with the buttermilk and egg mixture.
- Spread half of the meat filling on top.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Place the other end of the flatbread on top.
- In the process also form creases.
- Place the small part of the remaining flatbread on top.
- Grease everything again with the buttermilk and egg mixture.
- Spread the filling on top again.
- Sprinkle with the grated cheese.
- With the free end of the flatbread.
- Fold the edges inwards.
- Grease with the buttermilk and egg mixture.
- Sprinkle the casserole with cheese.
- Bake the chicken casserole in the oven at 180 °C for approx. 25-30 minutes.