Aromatic cherry jam with raspberries
The cherry and raspberry jam is a beautiful combination. It is spreadable, thick, sweet and has a wonderfully delicious taste.
Rating: Ø 5 ( 6 votes )
- 500 g pitted cherries
- 500 g raspberries
- 1 kg preserving sugar, 1:1
- Wash the cherries, drain well through a sieve.
- Pluck off the stalks and remove the seeds.
- Select the raspberries.
- Pure the fruit in a hand blender and press through a sieve.
- Pour the fruit mixture into a saucepan with the sugar mix.
- Heat and bring to a boil over low heat, stirring, about 4-5 minutes.
- Increase the heat to medium-high.
- Simmer the jam, stirring occasionally, until it has set, about 6-8 minutes begins.
- To check whether the jam is ready, do a gelling test:
- Put about 1 teaspoon of jam on a small plate and let it stand for 2-3 minutes.
- If the jam is no longer runny, it has the right one Consistency.
- Pour the hot jam immediately into jars that have been sterilized with hot steam and screw on the lids that have also been sterilized.
- Turn the jars with the jam upside down, cover and allow to cool slowly.
- The cherry jam with raspberries is easy to handle store in a cool, dark place for a long time.
- kitchen scales
- hand blender
- screw-on jars