Aromatic braised chicken hearts with vegetables in tomato sauce
Portions: 4 persons | Preparation: 70 minutes
The hearts are cooked for a long time with onions, carrots and tomato paste. This will make the meat not only fragrant, but also very tender and soft. This aromatic dish is best served with boiled rice.
Please review recipe:
- 500-600 g chicken hearts
- 1 carrot
- 1 onion
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 400 ml water
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- Trim the excess fat from the hearts, then cut them in halves or quarters.
- Rinse well under running water to remove blood.
- Peel the vegetables.
- Rub the carrots, chop the onion with a knife.
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium-high heat.
- Fry the onion for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the carrots and cook for the same amount of time.
- Add the hearts and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring.
- Tomato paste and water in a bowl stir together, pour into the pan.
- Salt and pepper and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat to minimum and cook the chicken hearts, covered, for about 40-45 minutes.
Chicken hearts braised in tomato sauce taste wonderful with boiled rice.
- cutting board
- frying pan