Aromatic baked apples with wine and cranberries
Portions: 3 persons | Preparation: 50 minutes
Wine, cinnamon, nutmeg and lemon peel give the fruit a magical aroma. Baked apples with wine and cranberries are the perfect dessert for a cozy evening. For this, apples are filled with the berries and baked with wine in the oven. Almost 30 minutes in the oven and the dessert can be enjoyed warm or slightly cooled.
Please review recipe:
- 240 ml white wine, semi-dry
- ¹⁄₄ tsp cinnamon
- ¹⁄₄ tsp nutmeg
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 3-4 apples
- 50-70 g cranberries, dried
- ¹⁄₂ lemon
- icing sugar , to taste
- Mix the wine, spices and sugar together in a bowl.
- Cut off the top third of the apples.
- Core the apples and fill with cranberries.
- Put the fruit in a small casserole dish.
- A little wine in the apples, the rest in Pour into the dish.
- Sprinkle grated lemon zest on top.
- Cover the fruit with the cut off lids.
- Put the casserole dish in the oven and bake at 190 °C for about 35-40 minutes.
- Squeeze out a little wine from the dish a few times drizzle over the apples.
- Then remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly or serve hot.
- Sprinkle the baked apples with powdered sugar when serving.