Aromatic baked apple with rolled oats, cinnamon and ice cream
Portions: 2 persons | Preparation: 75 minutes
A great one with crispy crumbles made from oatmeal. The baked apple tastes heavenly with this combination of aromatic fruits, crispy oatmeal and creamy vanilla ice cream.
Please review recipe:
- 2 apples, preferably large
- 2¹⁄₂ tbsp butter + for greasing
- 4 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tbsp oats
- 2 tsp flour
- ¹⁄₄ tsp salt
- ice cream, to taste
- Peel and halve the apples.
- Remove the core.
- Make many incisions on the apple halves without slicing the fruit all the way through.
- Grease a baking dish and place the apples, cut side up.
- 1 tablespoon melted Mix the butter, 1 tablespoon of sugar and half the cinnamon in a bowl.
- Grush the apples with the mixture.
- Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil.
- Place the baked apples in an oven preheated to 200°C for 25-30 minutes .
- Remove the foil and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Let the apples cool slightly for 10 minutes.
- Mix the remaining sugar, melted butter, cinnamon, rolled oats, flour and salt.
- Carefully pull apart the sliced apple pieces .
- Place the mixed oatmeal on top.
- Place the baked apples in the oven for another 10-15 minutes.
- Garnish the baked apple with a scoop of ice cream and grated chocolate and serve.
You can insert a wooden skewer to help you make the cuts in the apples.
- cutting board
- casserole dish
- ice cream scoop