Aromatic apple punch with tangerines, white wine and rum
Portions: 10 persons | Preparation: 35 minutes
A warming drink with aromas of tangerines, lemon, cinnamon, star anise and cloves. The apple punch with white wine and rum is a successful combination – tastes good and warms on frosty days!
Please review recipe:
- 1 lemon
- 6 tangerines
- 720 ml apple juice
- 750 ml white wine, dry
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 allspice seeds
- 2 star anise
- 4 cloves
- 120 ml simple syrup
- 120 ml golden rum
- Citrus grater
- Citrus press
- Heavy-bottomed saucepan
- Grab the zest of the lemon and 2-3 tangerines on a fine grater.
- Squeeze the juice from all the tangerines, it should be about 120 ml.
- Pour the apple juice and the wine into a saucepan.
- Cinnamon, Add allspice, star anise, cloves, citrus zest, tangerine juice, and simple syrup.
- Bring to almost a boil.
- Reduce heat until liquid is bubbling.
- Cover with a lid and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Cinnamon and add star anise.
- Pour the punch through a sieve and press down with a spoon. Remove but do not throw away the cinnamon and star anise!
- Rinse the pot and pour the punch back into the pot.
- Add the cinnamon sticks and star anise.
- Reheat the punch.
- Then remove from the heat and pour in the rum.
- Under let it steep for a while with a lid.
To make the sugar syrup yourself, simply boil equal parts sugar and water.