Aromatic apple compote with cinnamon, cloves and star anise
Portions: 8 persons | Preparation: 45 minutes
You can easily make the incredibly aromatic yourself in just a few steps. Cinnamon, star anise and cloves provide a great spicy note.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 4 votes )
- 1 500 ml water
- 300 g sugar
- ½ star anise
- 3 cloves
- ½ stick of cinnamon
- 1 200 g apples
- 1 drop of citric acid
- ½ lemon
- Put the sugar and spices in a pot of boiling water and boil for 5 minutes.
- Chop the apples into rough cubes.
- Add the apples and citric acid to the boiling syrup.
- After boiling again, boil for 2-3 minutes .
- Use a slotted spoon to place the apples in clean jars.
- Add the sliced lemon to the boiling syrup and allow to boil for 5 minutes after boiling.
- Pour the syrup into the fruit jar and cover the apple compote with the lid.
- cutting board