Apple tart with cream, almonds and caramel
Portions: 10 persons | Preparation: 70 minutes
Apple cake is always a hit and delights young and old! An airy sponge cake base with a juicy apple layer with custard, topped with a sweet caramel cream and crunchy almonds. The apple cake is juicy and super delicious, suitable for any coffee table.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 1 votes )
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbsp water, hot
- pinch of salt
- 100 g sugar
- 1 pack vanilla sugar
- 150 g almonds, ground
- 50 g flour
- 600 g apples, tart variety
- 500 ml apple juice
- 2 packs of vanilla pudding
- 500 ml milk
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1 pack of vanilla sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 45 g cornflour
- 100 g sugar
- 100 g butter, softened
- 1 can Sweetened condensed milk, cooked
- Almonds, chopped, to taste
- hand mixer
- springform pan
- cutting board
Prepare the cake base
- Separate the egg whites from the yolks.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff.
- Beat the yolks with 2 tablespoons of hot water for 2 minutes.
- Gradually add the sugar and vanilla sugar to the yolks and continue to stir.
- Flour with the ground Mix the almonds and a pinch of salt.
- Fold the flour-almond mixture alternately with egg whites into the sugar-egg foam.
- Pour the dough into a springform pan and bake in the oven at 180 °C for approx. 25 – 30 minutes.
- Den Remove the base from the springform pan and leave to cool.
- Peel the apples, remove the core and cut into small pieces.
- Let the apple pieces and 400 ml apple juice simmer in a saucepan for 5 minutes.
- Mix the pudding powder with the remaining apple juice.
- Remove the apples from the heat and stir in the custard powder.
- Boil everything again.
- Place the cake base in the springform pan.
- Distribute the apples evenly over the cake base.
- Put the cake in the fridge to cool.
- In a saucepan, mix the cold milk with the sugar, vanilla sugar, vanilla pulp, 2 egg yolks and cornstarch.
- Bring the whole thing to the boil, stirring constantly.
- Let it cool down in a bowl, covered.
- Froth the butter.
- Stir the cooled pudding into the butter and chill the cream.
- Take the cake base with the apple filling out of the fridge.
- Spread the cream on top.
- Heat the boiled condensed milk and spread over the cream.
- Over the Sprinkle on the caramel chopped almonds and refrigerate the cake until ready to serve.
Prepare the apple filling
Assemble the cake