Apple strudel with cranberries, cinnamon and cream cheese
Portions: 4 persons | Preparation: 50 minutes
Aromatic apples and sweet and sour berries wrapped in shortcrust pastry will certainly taste delicious to everyone. This strudel with cranberries and apples can be made in under an hour. Delicious filling with spicy cinnamon makes the pastry just irresistibly good, so this recipe should be conjured up again and again.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 2 votes )
- 250g butter
- 250g cream cheese
- 250g flour, + some for dusting
- 4-6 apples
- 1 cup cranberries, frozen
- ¹⁄₂ cup sugar
- 2 to 3 tbsp cinnamon
- ¹ ⁄₂ cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- icing sugar, to taste
- rolling pin
- cutting board
- baking sheet
- baking paper
- Take the butter and cream cheese out of the fridge in good time so that they have warmed up to room temperature.
- Cut the butter into pieces first.
- Put the flour on the table, place the butter and cream cheese in the middle.
- Close the whole thing with your hands knead into a smooth dough.
- Sprinkle the table with the flour.
- Divide the dough in half.
- Roll out with a little flour into two thin rectangular sheets.
- Peel the apples, core them and cut them into small pieces.
- In a bowl mix with cranberries, sugar and cinnamon.
- Sprinkle the breadcrumbs in the center of the dough, forming a line along the long sides.
- Spread the filling on top, leaving the edges free.
- A long edge of the dough over place the filling.
- Grush with beaten egg from above.
- Fold the sides up, brush with egg and cover with the second long edge.
- Place the pieces of dough on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Prick several times with a fork, with egg spread.
- Bake the apple strudel at 180°C for about 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar when serving.