Apple strudel made from puff pastry with raisins and almonds
Portions: 4 persons | Preparation: 50 minutes
The quick apple strudel is made with ready-made puff pastry, which becomes nice and crispy when it is baked. Filled with almonds and raisins, it is a delicious Austrian dessert. Just the smell makes your mouth water.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 4 votes )
- 700 g apples
- 500 g puff pastry
- 100 g raisins
- 100 g almonds
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 20 g butter, or margarine
- 1 tsp cinnamon
Prepare the filling
- Peel, core and halve the apples.
- Melt the butter in the pan.
- Add the apples and sugar and sauté until all the liquid has evaporated.
- Pour hot water over the raisins.
- Mix with apples, almonds and cinnamon.
- Roll out the puff pastry into a rectangular shape.
- Put the steamed apples on the middle area of the dough and spread it out.
- The free areas on the right and left of the dough Place lightly over the filling.
- Bake in a preheated oven (up to 200 °C) for approx. 30-40 minutes at 180 °C.
- Sprinkle the finished apple strudel with powdered sugar and serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Vanilla ice cream, vanilla sauce or whipped cream go best with the apple strudel! Apple strudel can also be made with quark or yeast dough!