Apple roses with sour cream and puff pastry
Portions: 4 persons | Preparation: 45 minutes
The apple roses with puff pastry not only look great, they also taste delicious. The easy-care roses made from red apples are covered in puff pastry and conjured up into crispy pastries in the oven. Served with powdered sugar, the beautiful apple roses are a great dessert for tea.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 4 votes )
- 1 roll of puff pastry
- 2 red apples
- 60 g sour cream
- 2 tbsp sugar
- cinnamon, to taste
- icing sugar, for serving
- muffin tin
- Unroll the puff pastry and spread with sour cream.
- Mix the cinnamon and sugar together.
- Sprinkle on the puff pastry.
- Cut the puff pastry lengthwise into six strips.
- Wash the apples and slice thinly.
- Lay the apple slices on the upper edge of the puff pastry strips, overlapping them slightly and running a little beyond the edge of the puff pastry strips.
- Roll up the puff pastry from the short side.
- Place in the wells of a greased muffin tin.
- Prepare the apple roses at 175 degrees for approx. Bake for 30 minutes until golden.
- After cooling, dust the apple roses with icing sugar or enjoy while still warm with vanilla sauce!
You can boil the apple slices in water before rolling them up to soften them.