Apple pie made from a batter with oil and buttermilk
Portions: 8 persons | Preparation: 70 minutes
It is made from a fluffy batter with oil and buttermilk. The cake tastes delicate, not too sweet, with a slightly fruity acidity and a citrus-cinnamon aroma.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 7 votes )
- 100-150 g sugar, + for sprinkling
- 1 egg
- 200 ml buttermilk
- 100 ml vegetable oil, + for brushing
- 1 pinch salt
- 1-2 tsp lemon zest, grated
- 250 g flour
- 1¹⁄₂ tsp baking powder
- 4-5 apples
- cinnamon, to taste
- Use a mixer to beat the sugar and egg until creamy.
- Add the buttermilk, oil and salt. Mix again.
- Add the lemon zest with cinnamon and flour sifted with baking powder.
- Mix well with a spatula.
- Set aside 1-2 apples for topping.
- Cut the remaining apples into small cubes and stir into the batter.
- Grease a 20-22 cm springform tin with oil.
- Fill in the dough.
- Cut the remaining apples into thin wedges and place them in a circle on the dough.
- Sprinkle with sugar.
- The apple pie in one Bake in a 200°C preheated oven for 40-50 minutes.
- hand mixer
- mixing bowl
- kitchen spatula
- kitchen scale
- cutting board
- springform pan