Appetizing millet porridge with milk and pumpkin in autumn
Portions: 4 persons | Preparation: 60 minutes
This porridge is really great, both in taste and color. If a little butter is added when serving, the millet porridge with pumpkin will be even more tender and appetizing.
Please review recipe:
Ø 5 out of 5 stars ( 5 votes )
- 200 g millet
- 400 ml water
- 400 g pumpkin
- 400 ml milk
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp sugar
- Butter, to taste
- Rinse the millet and put it in a saucepan.
- Add water and bring to the boil.
- Chop the pumpkin into small pieces or grate it coarsely.
- Add the fruit to the saucepan with the millet.
- As soon as the water boils again, turn the heat down to low.
- Cover the pot with the lid and let the porridge simmer for 10 minutes.
- Pour in the milk, add the salt and sugar and mix well.
- Once the porridge is boiling again, reduce the heat.
- Prepare the whole thing for about half an hour.
- Stir occasionally.
- Add a little butter to the finished millet porridge and serve immediately.
- cutting board